Things you might not know about Burundi...
- Killer Croc - Gustave is 20 feet long and weighs 2000 pounds and has devoured hundreds of people along the Rusizi River.
- Aggressive Hippos in Lake Tanganyika - Be careful wading in the still waters of the lake.
- Burundi is a land-locked, war-torn country with stunning scenery and beautiful stretches of beach by the lake.
- Burundi Military Arsenal - is comprised of only 4 tanks, 3 helicopters and LOTS and LOTS of AK-47s.
- Burundi has the highest proportion of women in its labor force.
- Current Burundi President, Pierre Nkurunziza, used to be a Physical Education teacher.
- The Watusis people who raise cattle are among the tallest people in the world. Many of the adult males are over 7 feet tall.
- The source of the Nile River is here.